Summer is in full swing! Pool parties and boat days aren’t complete without a yummy drink in your hand. We gave this recipe we found online a try, added a KSPtab, and the results were DELICIOUS. Ginger and lime make the perfect combination for a refreshing summer drink!
Did you know ginger is an antioxidant? Some benefits include pain relief, reduced inflammation, relieving nausea, and improving digestion. Add a KSPtab to the mix, and you have a drink full of benefits!
Ginger Lime Fizz
- 1 Teaspoon of zested ginger
- 1 Lime KSPtab
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 16 oz of your favorite sparkling water
- 1 lime for garnish
- Dissolve KSPtab in the lime juice
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large glass and stir
- Pour over ice into two cocktail glasses
- Garnish with lime
- Pour over ice
Want to make it boozy? Add your favorite liquor! Do you want to remove the fizz? Use still water instead!
Hydration and kidney health
Summer is prime time for dehydration and kidney stone formation! Most doctors refer to it as “stone season” because of the increase in kidney stone cases. Of course, you should stay hydrated year-round, but in the summer, your water intake should significantly increase. Take water with you everywhere you go and drink it like your kidneys depend on it. Water helps the kidneys remove wastes from your blood in the form of urine. Water also helps keep your blood vessels open so that blood can travel freely to your kidneys, and deliver essential nutrients to them. Are you into sugary drinks? Try replacing them with water. We understand that plain water can get boring, so try adding some lemon or lime to give it some flavor. KSPtabs also provide your water with flavor as well as vitamins and minerals that will protect your kidneys by preventing stone formation.
What are KSPtabs?
KSPtabs were developed to give your water a flavorful kick while supporting and protecting your kidneys throughout the day and infusing your body with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals such as:
- Potassium is both an electrolyte and a mineral, regulates blood pressure, heart rate, and bodily fluids. It also prevents bloating and muscle cramps.
- Citrate helps support a normal urinary pH and reduces calcium crystal saturation—the basic building blocks of kidney stones.
- Magnesium supports digestion and relieves cramps, aches, & spasms. It improves blood circulation, which keeps uric acid flowing until it is expelled. It also binds to oxalates in urine, which can cause kidney stones. Magnesium is also a sleep aid that helps relieve anxiety.
Need ideas on how to enhance your hydration routine, check out our KSPtabs blog! We’ll publish a new recipe every other month that you can try with your KSPtabs.