Summer is quickly approaching! This means lots of time spent outside. Whether you’re on the lake, hanging out by the pool, or getting a workout in, the importance of hydration remains. Summer heat means lots of sweat which leads to dehydration. The body requires the proper balance of fluid and electrolytes to function properly. Every day, the body loses water through daily activities, such as sweating and urinating. This only increases during the summer! Knowing the signs of dehydration will make it easier for you to pinpoint what is causing your symptoms!
Signs of dehydration
- Headaches: When your body is dehydrated, it can cause your brain to temporarily shrink and retract from the skull. This causes a headache all over your head and sometimes even in your neck. It may also cause dizziness. Depending on the severity of your dehydration, it can cause you to have anything from a dull headache to a full-on migraine.
- Fatigue: When your body needs water, your blood pressure tends to lower. Low blood pressure can cause you to feel tired. Proper hydration will increase your energy levels.
- Muscle cramps: Muscle cramps typically happen during exercise. Though it is more common if you’re out in the heat, it’s important to maintain hydration no matter what. When you sweat, your body becomes depleted of essential electrolytes such as potassium and magnesium.
- Dry skin and mouth: Your skin is the last organ to receive the nutrients we consume, so when you are dehydrated there’s a good chance your skin is going to be dry. Also, our saliva glands can’t produce saliva without fluids in your body thus causing a dry mouth.
- Urine: When you are dehydrated, your body will produce less urine. As a result, the urine will be highly concentrated. Concentrated urine will usually look dark yellow or amber. If you are experiencing either of these signs, drinking water is a must.
Severe or continuous dehydration can lead to serious complications such as kidney failure, coma, shock or heat stroke. Don’t let the summer heat get the best of you. Hydration should be taken seriously! If you don’t have a hydration plan, it’s time to make hydration a priority!
Words from a customer
“I cannot say enough about this product. As the mother of a very active and athletic family, we have struggled to find the right hydration balancing supplement…particularly in the Texas heat of summer. We have tried it all, and nothing has quenched our pre and post-workout hydration needs as much as KSPtabs. A very scary and pricey trip to the ER a few summers ago with our junior golfer due to hydration prioritized finding the best on the market to prevent a repeat. KSPtabs does it for us! I love the product! Love the taste!”
Make your water work for you!
KSPtabs contains essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium that will replenish your body with much-needed electrolytes. When you add electrolytes to your water, you stay hydrated longer than you would if drinking plain water. We recommend drinking 2-3 tabs a day, but if you spend a lot of time in the heat we suggest more. When it’s this hot outside, it’s almost impossible to over hydrate! Pay attention to the signs your body gives you. As you may know, hydration is one of the main defenses against kidney stones. KSPtabs not only provide hydration but they provide your body with stone inhibitors such as citrate, magnesium, and B6. They also balance out your pH that can also be used to combat gout! KSPtabs come in two delicious flavors; Key Lime and Very Berry. Not sure which one you’d like? Order a trial pack to try both and beat the summer heat!