We have all heard the adage, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” If you, a family member or a friend suffers from kidney stones, you are looking for that “ounce of kidney stone prevention cure!” But what causes kidney stones, is there a kidney stone treatment, and can kidney stones be prevented?
WHAT ARE KIDNEY STONES?
Understanding how kidney stones form is a crucial factor in learning how to manage and prevent them. Simply put, kidney stones form when your urine contains more crystal-forming substances than the fluid in your urine can dilute. These crystal-forming substances can include calcium, oxalate, and uric acid. Most individuals who form kidney stones lack the elements in their urine that prevent these crystals from sticking together, and this ultimately creates the ideal environment for kidney stones to form!! There are four basic types of kidney stones, the most common being calcium stones, which accounts for over 80 percent of all kidney stones.
According to Harvard Medical School, the lifetime risk for forming kidney stones has dramatically increased over the last several years. For men, the risk is as high as one in five; for women, one in 11. Plus, once you get a kidney stone, there’s a 75 percent chance you’re going to get another one, and NO ONE wants that!
THE CURE FOR KIDNEY STONES
While there is no “cure ” for kidney stones, research has shown many factors can aid in the prevention of kidney stones. The most recommended techniques are:
- Drink more fluid. Keeping your body hydrated by drinking at least 60 ounces of water a day.
- Avoid “kidney stone forming” foods. The most notorious kidney stone forming foods are those containing a high level of oxalates. Oxalates are compounds found in a wide variety of foods that play a supportive role in your body’s metabolism. If you’re someone who easily forms stones or does not get enough hydration during the day, the high oxalate content in your urine provides the perfect environment for kidney stone formation.
- Maintain a neutral urine pH. A balanced pH (closer to 7) is key to battling stones. When your urine pH is low/acidic, it creates a favorable environment for crystal formation, hence stones to form. A lot of the food we consume in today’s world can lead to higher acid levels in our urine. Keto diets in particular fall into this category.
HOW CAN KSPTABS HELP?
Based on an all-natural concept, KSPtabs
- Citrate: Helps support a normal urinary pH and reduce calcium crystal saturation—the basic building blocks of kidney stones.
- Magnesium: Supports digestion and relieves cramps, aches, & spasms. Improves blood circulation. It also binds to oxalates in urine, which can cause kidney stones.
- B6: Maintains healthy urine parameters and promotes metabolism. Also, supports brain function and prevents or reduces symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Potassium: Both an electrolyte and a mineral, regulates blood pressure, heart rate, and bodily fluids. It also prevents bloating.
The recommendation is to dissolve a KSPtab in 16 ounces of fluid, two to three times a day to optimize your water and help to help provide you kidneys with healthy hydration.
TAKE KSPTABS FOR A TEST DRIVE
Get a trial pack combo of Very Berry and Key Lime KSPtabs for only $15.95 today.