It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day! There’s a good chance you are spending the evening drinking lots of green beer and spending time with friends and family. We want to be sure you are staying hydrated and proactive to prevent that hangover the day after! We have a drink that’s equally as refreshing as it is festive for you to try on this day of celebration.
Kiwi Lime Cooler
- 1-2 kiwis peeled and cut into halves or quarters
- 1 Lime KSPtab
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1 ounce of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- Put the peeled kiwi into a blender or food processor with the lime juice. Pulse until you get a puree. If you’d like a mintier flavor, add the mint in too!
- Dissolve the KSPtab in the sparkling water. Start out with a small pour of sparkling water because it will overflow! We learned that the hard way.
- Add the puree to the sparkling water
- Garnish with sliced kiwi and mint
Want to make it a mojito? Add some rum and stir!
How to prevent a hangover
Alcohol is a diuretic, which means your body is expelling more water than you are consuming. When your body is in a deficit of water, it becomes incredibly dehydrated. Signs of dehydration include headaches, fatigue, and nausea, which are the most common symptoms of a hangover. Supplementing your water with electrolytes will prevent dehydration and allow you to make the most of the day after a night of fun!
- Hydrate hydrate hydrate! We know you know this rule, but so many people forget to follow it. It’s so easy and will allow you to wake up the next day without a massive headache. Drink a glass of water between every alcoholic beverage. Trust us; you will thank us tomorrow!
- Drink in moderation. Binge drinking is a sure way to end up with a hangover. Drink slowly and limit yourself. You know your limits. Following the rule above will force you to space out your alcoholic beverages.
- Add a KSPtab to your hangover remedy. Before you go to bed, drop a KSPtab in your water, and the chances of waking up with a hangover are slim. Drink another one in the morning for extra defense. KSPtabs provide your body with electrolytes, which helps your body retain the water and stay hydrated longer.
Keep tabs on your kidneys!
KSPtabs was developed to give your water a flavorful kick while supporting and protecting your kidneys throughout the day and infusing your body with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals such as:
- Potassium: Both an electrolyte and a mineral, regulates blood pressure, heart rate, and bodily fluids. It also prevents bloating.
- Citrate: Helps support a normal urinary pH and reduces calcium crystal saturation—the basic building blocks of kidney stones.
- Magnesium: Supports digestion and relieves cramps, aches, & spasms. It improves blood circulation, which keeps uric acid flowing until it can be expelled. It also binds to oxalates in urine, which can cause kidney stones.
We hope you get the chance to enjoy this recipe and have a great St. Patrick’s Day! Haven’t tried KSPtabs yet? Get a trial pack to try both flavors!